Thursday, October 10, 2013

Slower Cooker Pinto Beans w/ Smoked Sausage

Happy Fall Everyone!

Now that Fall has arrived it is time to pull out those new recipes and get to cooking! I have lots of yummy recipes to share with you so let the cooking begin!

So my first recipe of the season is at the request of my fiance. He is a meat and potatoes kind of guy so pinto beans were right up his alley. I asked if he would rather have seasoned canned beans but no, no dried beans were what he wanted. I did some research to figure out how to prep the beans and recipes recommend for cooking time. After my research I gathered my ingredients and went to work.

Here is what I decided on:


Slow Cooker Pinto Beans w/ Smoked Sausage


Ingredients:
1lbs. dried pinto beans
3 celery ribs, chopped
2 green bell peppers, chopped
1 sweet onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp Creole seasoning
2 cups of chicken broth
1 package smoked sausage, sliced

How To:
Soak dried pinto beans in a stock pot overnight. Pour beans into the pot and fill up with water to completely cover the beans with a the water line about half an inch above the top of the beans.

Once beans have soaked, combine all ingredients into your crock-pot and add 1to 2 cups of beef or chicken broth to mixture.

Cover and cook on HIGH for 8 hours or until beans are tender

Serve with rice if desired!





1 comment:

  1. love the food picture on your home page but impossible to read what you wrote. I came to read your sausage and pinto bean soup but unable to

    ReplyDelete