Thursday, December 27, 2012

Roasted Dijon Potatoes


Potatoes, Potatoes, Potatoes….oh how I love thee.
Growing up I would spend lots of time out at my grandparent’s farm in Dickson County, TN. One of my favorite things to do on the farm was to go to the garden with Dada. I can remember as a little girl, sitting in the garden with my plastic shovel…(you know the beach sets you can buy in the summer with the pale and the shovel included…that’s the shovel I was using) and trying to dig up potatoes.

We would take the potatoes back to my grandmother and she would make the best creamed potatoes you have every put into your mouth. She would make them for every meal and I was always thrilled! Since her passing my mother still continues making them just like she did; every time I take a bit I am reminded of the memory of sitting in her kitchen listening to the mixer run and watching her make the creamed potatoes and then enjoying them for lunch on a Sunday after church.
A new recipe I tried here recently was Dijon potatoes. Dijon potatoes area a quick yummy side dish you can add to any dinner you have. I made them one night for my boyfriend and his friend and they were devoured.





Dijon Potatoes
1lb bag of red potatoes, quartered

6 tbsp. Dijon mustard

2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tbsp. paprika

1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. fresh thyme

1 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced

½ tsp. black pepper

Tools: Casserole Dish 13x9  and Cooking Spray

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat the casserole dish with cooking spray

In bowl, combine Dijon mustard, olive oil, paprika, salt, thyme, chives, garlic, and black pepper.  Add quartered potatoes and toss.

Spread out potatoes onto the casserole dish. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until tender.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment