Monday, December 3, 2012

White Turkey Stew

If your family is anything like mine, we end up with lots of leftovers after our Thanksgiving dinner. Growing up, my wonderful mother would cook a feast fit for a king so therefore, leftovers were inevitable. She would always make the effort to send some home with family but some always ended up some in our refrigerator. Usually, we would eat on what was left but eventually tossed the rest; you can only eat the same thing so many times.

However, not until this year did I realized that I could cook new dishes with those leftovers from Thanksgiving. This year I acquired my leftover turkey from my boyfriend who had two cooked, so I decided to make some soup.

Soup is a meal that I have rekindled my love of within the last couple of years. Granted it may have been due to being a college student and soup was a freezable, homemade treat my mom would pack up and send with me back to Chattanooga but I have renewed my love of soup!  

 So back to the recipe, thanks to my boyfriend and his leftover turkey I decided to make it into a stew. Here’s my creation with all of my favorite vegetables and just enough spice to warm your tummy.


White Turkey Stew

 1 medium chopped onion

1 cup finely chopped celery

1 cup chopped carrots

2 cups chopped potato (about 4 red potatoes)

1 tbsp fresh thyme

1 tbsp chopped chives

3 (14.5oz) cans of low sodium chicken broth

2 (15.5oz) cans of cannellini beans

1 package McCormick White Chicken Chili seasoning packet

1 lb. chopped turkey


Tools: Crock-pot


1) Add all of your vegetables and herbs to your crock-pot.

2) Pour in your low sodium chicken broth and beans.

 3) Open the packet of seasoning pour in and stir until blended well

 4) Add your turkey slowly not to have broth splash out of the crock-pot. Give the whole mixture a good stir to mix all ingredients together.

5) Turn your crock-pot on slow and let cook for 8 – 10 hours.

**Great dish you can put on in the morning and by dinner it is ready for you to enjoy**






No comments:

Post a Comment