Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Easy Flatbread Pizza

I find myself sometimes in the grocery store looking to see what ingredients I can throw together and create a new dish. A couple of days ago I found myself doing exactly that; I was in Kroger picking up a few things and had walked by the frozen pizza aisle and had a bright idea: pizza!!
Usually, I keep a frozen pizza in the freezer as a quick meal but the downside is sometimes it’s just me at the dinner table and a whole pizza I will never eat. Yes, I know they have personal size pizzas but I never buy them. So as I walked down the pizza aisle I started to look for the ingredients I wanted to use.
I ended up founding some flatbread which you could use pita bread, naan, or even a tortilla if you wanted a crispy crust. For the rest of the pizza I picked up a jar of pizza sauce, a bag of turkey pepperonis, and a bag of pizza cheese. You could very easily make any sort of pizza you prefer but I decided to stick with a red sauce with meat and cheese.  So with my ingredients I whipped up a super easy flatbread pizza…hope you all enjoy my recipe!!

Easy Flatbread Pepperoni Pizza

1 package flatbread, (I used Patissa Savory Garlic & Herb Flatbread), makes 2
1 ½ tbsp. pizza sauce
10 turkey pepperoni slices
¼ cup pizza cheese, (you could use Mozzarella or any other cheese you prefer)

Tools:
Cookie Sheet or a Pizza Stone

Directions:
1)      Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place your flatbread on cookie sheet/pizza stone
 
2)      Spread your pizza sauce onto the flatbread, then spread out your layer of pepperoni and sprinkle with cheese

3)      Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes until cheese if bubbly all over.



No comments:

Post a Comment