Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Super Moist Banana Bread


So I have recently been inspired to pick up baking again. When I was in grade school I participated in 4-H and always entered the baking competitions and would make cookies, muffins or cakes. Outside of 4-H I started to make cheesecake and would like to make them for holidays, birthdays or just because. When I went away to college, my desire for baking was replaced with studying and late nights of cramming for exams.

Now that I am settling down and have a home to call my own, I have wanted to pick back up a hobby I loved so much. Something my mother made often for my sister and I growing up was banana bread. I asked my mom for her recipe but she does not have a specific one she follows so I decided to create my own.

 After much research and trial and error I found my super moist banana bread that falls apart in your mouth.

 Hope you all enjoy and don’t be afraid to dust off that mixer and do little experimenting of your own.


Banana Bread

2 ½ cups of all- purpose flour

1 ¼ cup granulated sugar

1 ¼ tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. nutmeg

4 eggs, lightly beaten

1 ½ cup applesauce

6 ripe mashed bananas

1 tsp. vanilla extract

Tools: Stand/Hand Mixer
In A Mixing Bowl: Combine first six ingredients.

In A Medium Bowl: Whisk together eggs, applesauce, bananas, and vanilla.

Pour wet ingredients into mixing bowl with dry ingredients, turn on mixer and gently fold ingredients together.
Grease two 8x4 in loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

(Mini Loaves: I baked four mini loaves at 350 degrees for about 30 to 45 minutes.)





No comments:

Post a Comment