Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


This weekend I have been on a cooking frenzy so the second recipe of the weekend is a cookie recipe. Traditionally, you the combine oatmeal and raisins but I do not like raisins, so chocolate chips it is.
Growing up my dad always talked about a recipe my great-grandmother Ruru made called Cowboy Cookies; Ruru’s first name was Ruth and for those of you who do not know that is my middle name. With her recipe in mind I decided to find my own recipe I could call my own. 

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed

¾ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract

2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt

2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oats

1 cup chocolate chips


How to:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter and sugars until well-combined
Add eggs and vanilla and stir till well -combined

Once well -combined, add baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add in your flour a half cup at a time. You will want to make sure combine ingredients fully but do not over mix.
Add your oatmeal and chocolate chips.

Now that your cookie dough is ready take a small spring loaded squeeze handle ice cream scoop or a tablespoon scoop out the dough and place on a greased cookie sheet.  A spring loaded squeeze handle ice cream scoop will help ensure evenly portioned cookies.
Place the cookie dough about an inch apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are lightly brown. The center of the cookie will be puffy but it will ensure a very chewy cookie once they have cooled.


No comments:

Post a Comment